- Compact, lightweight digital piano with stylish black and silver design
- 88-note Progressive Hammer-Action Keyboard for dynamic playing
- 64-voice sound engine with expressive new pianos, bass and harpsichord
- Sound Control function with 4-band equalizer for creating richer sounds
- Session Partner provides backing accompaniment in 80 musical styles
- Onboard USB-MIDI interface; GM2-compliant
With space more and more at a premium, the FP-2 arrives as the perfect way to put a grand piano in your home. This stylish digital piano’s lightweight design makes it easy to move, while its compact body fits almost anywhere. And with high-quality speakers built in, you can enjoy lively performances with all the excitement of an acoustic grand.
Newly Designed Progressive Hammer-Action Keyboard
Thanks to some clever engineering, Roland was able to put an 88-note Progressive Hammer-Action Keyboard into the FP-2’s compact body. These full-sized keys feature a dynamic touch weight variation—with a heavier touch in the lower range and lighter touch in the upper range—giving players a truly authentic feel. From delicate pianissimo to vibrant forté, the FP-2 delivers.
Sound Control with 4-Band EQ
The FP-2 is Roland’s first digital piano with Sound Control, an easy-to-use feature that can instantly enhance the lower register of the piano sounds for deeper, richer tone. A 4-band digital equalizer is also available, making it possible to precisely tailor the onboard piano sounds to your liking—use the upper frequencies to “brighten” your sound, or add more warmth with the lower frequencies.
Play Along with the Session Partner
Roland’s Session Partner has become very popular, thanks to its ability to create instant auto-accompaniment in a variety of musical styles. The FP-2’s Session Partner has 80 rhythm and accompaniment patterns—including ballads, jazz, Latin and 12 new styles. Players can choose to play along with a full accompaniment including chords, bass and drums and even create their own chord progressions. It’s easy and fun!
Easy Connection to Computers
With USB standard, you can connect the FP-2 to a computer and use it as a sound source for sequencing or as a high-quality controller. The FP-2 is also GM2-compliant, making it easy to use with Standard MIDI Files. So whether you want to write music on your computer or just sit down and play, the FP-2 is a great way to do it.
Audio & Video
- 88 keys, Compact Progressive Hammer-Action Keyboard
- Touch Sensitivity
- Light, Normal, Heavy, Fixed (Velocity adjustable)
- Keyboard Mode
- Whole, Dual, Split (Split Point adjustable)
- Sound Generator
- Conforms to General MIDI 2 System
- Maximum Polyphony
- 64 voices
- 58 tones in 6 groups (incl. 4 Drum Sets)
- Reverb, Multi Effects (10 types), Sound Control (3 types), 4-band Equalizer
- Key Transposition
- -6 to +5 (in semitones)
- 7 types (tonic selectable)
- Master Tuning
- 415.3 Hz to 466.2 Hz (0.1 Hz steps)
- Session Partner
- 80 Rhythms
- Chord Progression
- Automatic or input with keyboard, User Programmable
- Metronome Beat
- 2/2, 0/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
- Metronome Volume
- 10 levels
- Quarter note = 20 to 250
- 3 tracks (only Rhythm sound can be recorded to Track [R])
- 1 song
- 120 ticks per quarter note
- Internal Songs
- Demo songs: 8, Piano songs: 65
- (8 cm x 12cm) x 2
- Rated Power Output
- 7 W x 2
- Line Out jacks (L/Mono, R), Line In jacks (L/Mono, R),
Headphone jack(stereo) x 2, USB connector (MIDI),
MIDI connectors (In, Out), Pedal jacks (Damper, Soft*, Sostenuto*)
* Assignable, DC In jack
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V (AC Adaptor)
- Power Consumption
- 22 W
- Owner's Manual, USB Installation Guide, CD-ROM (Roland Digital Piano USB Driver), AC Adaptor, Power Cord, Music Stand / 2 screws for the Music Stand, Pedal
- Keyboard Stand (FPS-11A), MIDI Implementation, Expression Pedal (EV-5), Pedals (DP-8/2)*
* Since the FP-2 is equipped with three pedal connection ports, additional pedals (DP-8/2) can also be used.
- FP-2 USB Driver System Requirements
- Operating System
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home/XP Professional/2000 Professional/Me/98/98SE
- Windows® compatible personal computer equipped with a USB port
- Pentium® processor 200 MHz or higher
(Pentium® processor 400 MHz or higher on Windows® XP)
- Memory (RAM)
- 64 M bytes or more (128 M bytes or more on Windows® XP/2000)
- Incompatible Chipset
- VIA Apollo BX, VIA Apollo MVP3, VIA Apollo MVP4
- Operating System
- Mac OS 8.5 or later
- USB ready Apple® Macintosh®
- PowerPC G3/233 MHz or higher
- Memory (RAM)
- 64 M bytes or more (128 M bytes or more on Mac OS X)
* Mac OS 9, 8:Requires OMS 2.3.5 or later, or FreeMIDI 1.35 or later.
Mac OS X: The digital piano will not operate in the Mac OS X Classic environment, and will be unusable while the Classic Environment is running.
- Size and Weight ( (without Music Stand) )
- 1,291 mm
- 50-7/8 inches
- 299 mm
- 11-13/16 inches
- 125 mm
- 4-15/16 inches
- Size and Weight ( (including Music Stand) )
- 1,291 mm
- 50-7/8 inches
- 359 mm
- 14-3/16 inches
- 294 mm
- 11-5/8 inches
- 14.6 kg
- 32 lbs. 3 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Momentary footswitch for use with keyboards and recording products.
A high-quality damper pedal with expressive half-pedal capabilities.
This well-built, real-feel pedal comes with a non-slip rubber plate — essential when performing on hardwood or slip-prone surfaces — and an extended cable (2.2m) for stacked multi-keyboard setups.
Durable pedal for controlling a wide range of effects parameters.
Low-impedance volume pedal for keyboards or for connection after effects units.
Tank-tough diecast pedals designed to meet the needs of the most demanding players.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.