Add international appeal to your personal studio or stage with the EXR-46 OR — Roland’s most authentic and versatile Oriental-themed keyboard. As the newest addition to Roland’s arranger-keyboard family, the EXR-46 OR retains many of the popular design characteristics of its predecessor (EXR-40 OR), but improves and builds upon the fundamental elements: sounds, styles and Music Assistant features.
- Dozens of new sounds, drum kits, phrase samples, and pre-programmed patterns from Turkey and various Middle Eastern and Arabic regions
- New plucked-instrument patches with multiple articulations based on key touch
- 17 types of unique Arabic vocal phrases and one-shot drum phrases, great for reproducing Arabic dance music
- Automatic Drum-Pad keyboard-mapping feature for easy percussion performance and programming
- Large backlit LCD and dedicated front-panel controls for fast navigation, sound and pattern selection, transposition, tempo adjust and song arrangement
- High-quality stereo speaker system built-in
Expanded Sound Bank
The EXR-46 OR is pre-installed with so many excellent sounds and patterns, there’s no need for additional expansion boards, sound libraries or other costly upgrades. With over 30% more wave ROM than its EXR-40 OR predecessor, the EXR-46 OR offers dozens of authentic sounds, drum kits and phrase samples from a wide range of Arabian Gulf-region countries.
One-Touch Song Creation
With dozens of authentic Music Styles preprogrammed into the EXR-46 OR, song arrangements can be created quickly and easily in real time. Thanks to the level of care and quality that went into the sound design and pattern creation, the EXR-46 OR perfectly captures the musical spirit of Turkey, Syria, Iran and other colourful locales.
In order to realise the highest level of authenticity, the EXR-46 OR was designed in collaboration with musical masters from each stylistic region. Combined with the EXR-46 OR’s high-resolution sound engine, these custom-made waveforms and patterns are amazingly realistic to the ear.
New Drum-Pad Function
Performing and programming drum/percussion parts is made easy on the EXR-46 OR thanks to its automatic Drum-Pad mapping capabilities. This handy feature instantly reassigns the highest range of keyboard (F6-C7) to function as dedicated “drum pads.”
- 61 keys, velocity sensitive
- Sound Source
- Max. Polyphony
- 64 voices
- 650 selectable by panel including 107 oriental and 33 drum kits (compatibility with 542 XG and 256 GM2)
- Drum Kits
- 33, including 13 oriental
- Multitimbral Parts
- GM2, GS, XG Lite
- Panel Layout
- Large backlit custom display
- Tone Select
- 1-8 family + number
- Numeric Keypad
- Oriental Scale Buttons
- 12, with LED
- Scale Memory Buttons
- 3, with LED
- 149 Styles in Flash Memory (99 factory+50 changeable). The bundled CD contains 91 bonus styles (51 Oriental, 40 Western)
- One Touch
- 99 (2 for each factory style)
- 3 levels
- Realtime SMF Player
- 16-Track Recorder
- 4 easy modes (All, Count-In, Single, Punch In/Out)
- User Programs
- Reverb: 8 types. Chorus: 8 types. Multi-Effects: 47 MFX types
- Data Storage
- FDD 3.5": 2HD/2DD
- Other Functions
- Time Signature Setting
- 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4,7/4, 8/4, 9/4, 1/8, 2/8, 3/8, 4/8, 5/8, 6/8, 7/8, 8/8, 9/8
- Easy Modes
- 3 (Piano Solo, Piano Mode, Arranger Band)
- Music Assistant
- 100 settings
- Melody Intelligence
- 18 types
- Drum Pad Functions
- Output Power
- 10W + 10W with “Digital Bass Enhancer”
- Stereo Speakers
- 2 x 13 cm
- USB, MIDI communication and file transfer, Headphones x 2, Audio outputs(L, R), MIDI(IN, OUT), Foot switch jack
- Size and Weight
- 1,020 mm
- 40-3/16 inches
- 355 mm
- 14 inches
- 132 mm
- 5-1/4 inches
- 8.0 kg
- 17 lbs. 11 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
A high-quality damper pedal with expressive half-pedal capabilities.
This well-built, real-feel pedal comes with a non-slip rubber plate — essential when performing on hardwood or slip-prone surfaces — and an extended cable (2.2m) for stacked multi-keyboard setups.
Durable pedal for controlling a wide range of effects parameters.
Low-impedance volume pedal for keyboards or for connection after effects units.
Tank-tough diecast pedals designed to meet the needs of the most demanding players.
For keyboardists who have been awaiting an innovation in keyboard-stand design, the wait is over.
Lightweight, foldable headphones for a variety of applications.
Professional studio headphones with exceptional low frequency response.
Comfortable and accurate headphones for superior monitoring.
Offer the clarity, sonic accuracy, and comfort needed for mixing and silent practice.
Roland’s top-of-the-line headphones.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.