Introducing the most powerful and luxurious live workstation in Roland history. The Fantom-G is a dream instrument that redefines the boundaries of playability and creativity with its advanced sound engine, revolutionary ARX SuperNATURAL™ expansion bay, large-sized colour LCD, powerful new audio/MIDI sequencer, first-class “Ivory Feel” weighted keys and more.
- Advanced sound engine with double wave capacity of previous flagship workstations
- 2 x ARXexpansion with SuperNATURAL — the world’s greatest performance-expression technology
- Graphic user interface with extra-large 8.5” wide colour LCD and mouse connectivity
- Newly developed onboard audio/MIDI sequencer with 128 tracks, including 24 audio tracks
- Multi-FX for each part; up to 22 effects routings can be programmed simultaneously
- Top-of-the-line keyboard action; weighted PHA II “Ivory Feel” keyboard on Fantom-G8
- Heavy-duty casing with aluminium panel
Advanced Sound Engine
Driven by a powerful new audio processor, the Fantom-G provides new sonic depth and versatility. With twice the wave-ROM capacity of its predecessor, it contains a treasure trove of Roland’s world-famous SRX-quality sounds, but what really sets this instrument apart is its new ARX expansion, which allows additional SuperNATURAL sound-sets and fully dedicated synth and effects engines to be added to this already powerful live workstation.
SuperNATURAL™ ARX Expansion
Fantom-G provides ARX slots that accommodate two SuperNATURAL expansion boards. SuperNATURAL is Roland’s unique behaviour-modelling technology that enables a new level of organic, emotional expression previously unattainable in synthesizers. Applied to traditional-instrument sounds, SuperNATURAL enables the delicate, organic tonal changes and playing nuances of real musical instruments. It’s also a powerful tool for electronic and non-traditional sounds, breathing amazing new life and expression into synthesis.
Power Sequencer Onboard
The Fantom-G is the first Roland instrument to feature Roland’s newly designed power sequencer. In conjunction with the large-size LCD, this pro-level composition tool provides 128 tracks (including 24 audio tracks) in a fully intergraded audio/MIDI graphical environment. A mouse can be also incorporated for computer-like speed and ease. Other convenient features include combo XLR and TRS connector, phantom power for condenser mics, Hi-Z input for guitar and bass, and line input.
Luxurious Extra-Wide LCD
One look and touch and you’ll know that the Fantom-G is an instrument without equal. Only the highest-quality materials have been used to create this dream synth, with a stylish, futuristic design that will turn heads. Front and centre is the extra-large 8.5” wide TFT colour LCD for enhanced productivity. A first-class assortment of hands-on controls is provided as well, including eight sliders, four knobs, and ten buttons below the LCD.
Fantom-G is loaded with a state-of-the-art effects engine, with multi-effects available for each Fantom-G sound/part. In 16-part multi-timbre mode, up to 22 effect routings can be used simultaneously. Create complex setups with 16 insert effects per multi-timbral patch group, plus global reverbs and choruses. Mastering effects are provided for polishing songs created with the onboard sequencer.
Supreme Keyboard Feel & Action
The Fantom-G8 is outfitted with Roland’s top-of-the-line PHA II “Ivory Feel” keyboard. This amazing keyboard technology reproduces the real surface feel of ivory acoustic piano keys providing a familiar stability and comfort to the pianist. The white keys have a two-piece structure which reduces the developed keyboard surface material is designed to absorb moisture, ensuring a secure, slip-proof feel that your fingers will love.
Audio & Video
Patch Remain Example 1
"Atmospheric" to "Bell Mystic." At first some tweaking of the pulsating Live Set, then a smooth transition to bells in motion.
Patch Remain Example 2
"Piano&Strings" to "Digitally Yours." Switching back and forth between these two Live Sets at will.
Live Set 01: System G
Multi-layered/-zoned Live Set with a bit of real-time tweaking.
Live Set 02: Big & Proud
An entire orchestra at your fingertips.
Live Set 04: Dream Lead
Powerful split Live Set with a beefy bass synth on the bottom and a screaming lead sound on the top.
Live Set 05: G-Grand
Intimate and elegant. An amazingly rich piano sound.
Live Set 13: It's About You
Layers of acoustic guitar, strings and bells. Create beautiful musical ideas.
Live Set 14: 1st Call Brass
Smokin' hot brass.
Live Set 16: Jazz Trio
The perfect piano, bass and drums trio, and you only need two hands.
Live Set 20: Landyn's Blend
A must-have for any R&B ballad.
Live Set 41: Mega-G Synth
An in-your-face power synth.
Live Set 46: African Dream
A variety of African mallets and bells.
ARX-01 Kit Examples
A quick sample of some of the most popular ARX-01 drum kits.
ARX-02 Quick Demo
A quick sample of ARX-02 Patches.
ARX-03 Demo Song
"Closer" - Written and performed by Scott Tibbs using the ARX-03 SuperNATURAL Brass Expansion Board.
ARX-03 Quick Demo
A quick sample of ARX-03 Patches.
Wretch 32 - Don't Go
Wretch 32 performing the smash hit 'Don't Go' live on Roland Sessions. Recorded and filmed at the Red Bull Studio London. Shot and edited by Dougie Mackie.
FG Connects Live Overview
Designed with contemporary dance, pop and hip-hop musicians in mind, the new FG Connects Live update adds hundreds of unique tempo-synced phrases to create instant motion and texture to any sound.
Geared Up: Lady Gaga
Kern Brantley and Brockett Parsons talk about using Roland synths on the Lady Gaga tour.
- Keyboard Section
- 88 keys PHA II Ivory Feel Keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch
- Sound Generator Section
- Maximum Polyphony
- 128 voices, shared with the sampling section
- 16 parts (Internal) + 16 parts (External) + 2 parts (ARX) + 24 parts (Audio Track)
- Wave Memory
- 256MB (16-bit linear equivalent)
- Preset Memory
- Patches: 1,664 + 256 (GM2)
Rhythm Sets: 64 + 9 (GM2)
Live Sets: 512
Studio Sets: 128
- User Memory (per one project)
- Patches: 512
Rhythm Sets: 64
Live Sets: 512
Studio Sets: 128
- Patch Multi-effects (PFX): max. 16 units (76 types)
Multi-effects (MFX): max. 2 units (78 types)
Chorus: 1 unit (3 types)
Reverb: 1 unit (10 types)
- Sampling Section
- Data Format
- 16-bit linear, .WAV or .AIFF
- Sampling Frequency
- Maximum Sampling Time
- approx. 360 sec, mono/180 sec, stereo (when sampling memory isn't expanded/32 MB)
approx. 108 min, mono/54 min, stereo (fully expanded with DIMM/544 MB)
- Number of Samples
- 2,000 (per one project)
- Sequencer Section
- MIDI tracks (Internal/External/ARX): max. 128
Audio tracks: max. 24
Tempo track: 1
Beat track: 1
- 480 TPQN
- 5.00 to 300.00
- 50 (per one project)
- 2,000 (per one project)
- Notes Capacity
- approx. 1,000,000 notes (per one project)
- Song Length
- 9,998 measures
- Recording Method
- Realtime recording, Step recording
- Arpeggio Sets
- RPS Sets
- Rhythm Pattern Sets
- Chord Memory
- Chord Memory Sets
- Graphic Type, 8.5", Wide VGA (800 x 480 dots), backlit LCD (Color)
- 16 pads, Velocity and Polyphonic Aftertouch sensitive
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever, Control Knob x 4, Control Slider x 8, Assignable Switch x 2, D Beam Controller
- Mic/Guitar Input Jacks: 1/4 inch phone type/XLR type (Phantom power) (Hi-Z) Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type, A (MIX) Output Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4 inch TRS phone type: B Output Jacks (L, R): 1/4 inch phone type: Input Jacks (L/MONO/MIC, R): 1/4 inch phone type, Pedal Jacks: Hold Pedal Jack (Half Pedal recognition), MIDI Connectors: IN, OUT, THRU, USB Connectors: USB Computer Connector (supports file transfer or mass storage class, and Audio/MIDI), Digital Audio Interface: COAXIAL INPUT/OUTPUT, AC Inlet
- Expansion Slots
- ARX expansion boards: 2 slots
DIMM: 1 slot, supports PC133, CL=2/3, 3.3 V, 128MB, 256MB, 512MB
- External Storage Device
- USB Flash Memory
- Power Supply
- AC 117 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60 Hz), AC 220 V (60 Hz)
- Power Consumption
- 30 W
- Owner's Manual, CD-ROM (Editor, USB Audio/MIDI driver), Power Cord
- Expansion Board: ARX Series, Keyboard Stand: KS-V7, KS-18Z, Pedal Switch: DP series, Foot Switch: BOSS FS-5U, Expression Pedal: EV-5, USB Memory: M-UF1G
- Size and Weight
- 1,396 mm
- 55 inches
- 502 mm
- 19-13/16 inches
- 183 mm
- 7-1/4 inches
- 33.6 kg
- 74 lbs. 2 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Fantom-G DVD Manual
Fantom-G DVD Owner's Manual
SuperNATURAL® Drums Exp. Board
Superior drum sounds with control of shell depth, muffling, compression, EQ, reverb and more.
SuperNATURAL® Electric Piano Exp. Board
Stunning electric piano sounds and ultra-realistic amp modeling with dynamic control.
SuperNATURAL® Brass Exp. Board
Essential brass instruments and ensembles including trumpets, flugelhorns, trombones, saxophones, and more.
A solid, stylish stand for keyboards such as Roland’s Fantom-G8, RD-700GX, and RD-300GX.
USB Flash Memory
A high-quality 1GB USB memory key for use with Roland USB-compatible products such as the DP-990, KR-107, V-Synth GT, SonicCell and more.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.