Introducing the most powerful and luxurious live workstation in Roland history. The Fantom-G is a dream instrument that redefines the boundaries of playability and creativity with its advanced sound engine, revolutionary ARX SuperNATURAL™ expansion bay, large-sized colour LCD, powerful new audio/MIDI sequencer and more.
- Advanced sound engine with double wave capacity of previous flagship workstations
- 2 x ARX expansion with SuperNATURAL — the world’s greatest performance-expression technology
- Graphic user interface with extra-large 8.5” wide colour LCD and mouse connectivity
- Newly developed onboard audio/MIDI sequencer with 128 tracks, including 24 audio tracks
- Multi-FX for each part; up to 22 effects routings can be programmed simultaneously
- Heavy-duty casing with aluminium panel
Advanced Sound Engine
Driven by a powerful new audio processor, the Fantom-G provides new sonic depth and versatility. With twice the wave-ROM capacity of its predecessor, it contains a treasure trove of Roland’s world-famous SRX-quality sounds, but what really sets this instrument apart is its new ARX expansion, which allows additional SuperNATURAL sound-sets and fully dedicated synth and effects engines to be added to this already powerful live workstation.
SuperNATURAL™ ARX Expansion
Fantom-G provides ARX slots that accommodate two SuperNATURAL expansion boards. SuperNATURAL is Roland’s unique behaviour-modelling technology that enables a new level of organic, emotional expression previously unattainable in synthesizers. Applied to traditional-instrument sounds, SuperNATURAL enables the delicate, organic tonal changes and playing nuances of real musical instruments. It’s also a powerful tool for electronic and non-traditional sounds, breathing amazing new life and expression into synthesis.
Power Sequencer Onboard
The Fantom-G is the first Roland instrument to feature Roland’s newly designed power sequencer. In conjunction with the large-size LCD, this pro-level composition tool provides 128 tracks (including 24 audio tracks) in a fully intergraded audio/MIDI graphical environment. A mouse can be also incorporated for computer-like speed and ease. Other convenient features include combo XLR and TRS connector, phantom power for condenser mics, Hi-Z input for guitar and bass, and line input.
Luxurious Extra-Wide LCD
One look and touch and you’ll know that the Fantom-G is an instrument without equal. Only the highest-quality materials have been used to create this dream synth, with a stylish, futuristic design that will turn heads. Front and centre is the extra-large 8.5” wide TFT colour LCD for enhanced productivity. A first-class assortment of hands- on controls is provided as well, including eight sliders, four knobs, and ten buttons below the LCD.
Fantom-G is loaded with a state-of-the-art effects engine, with multi-effects available for each Fantom-G sound/part. In 16-part multi-timbre mode, up to 22 effect routings can be used simultaneously. Create complex setups with 16 insert effects per multi-timbral patch group, plus global reverbs and choruses. Mastering effects are provided for polishing songs created with the onboard sequencer.
Supreme Keyboard Feel & Action
The Fantom-G8 is outfitted with Roland’s top-of-the-line PHA II “Ivory Feel” keyboard. This amazing keyboard technology reproduces the real surface feel of ivory acoustic piano keys providing a familiar stability and comfort to the pianist. The white keys have a two-piece structure which reduces the developed keyboard surface material is designed to absorb moisture, ensuring a secure, slip-proof feel that your fingers will love.
Audio & Video
Patch Remain Example 1
"Atmospheric" to "Bell Mystic." At first some tweaking of the pulsating Live Set, then a smooth transition to bells in motion.
Patch Remain Example 2
"Piano&Strings" to "Digitally Yours." Switching back and forth between these two Live Sets at will.
Live Set 01: System G
Multi-layered/-zoned Live Set with a bit of real-time tweaking.
Live Set 02: Big & Proud
An entire orchestra at your fingertips.
Live Set 04: Dream Lead
Powerful split Live Set with a beefy bass synth on the bottom and a screaming lead sound on the top.
Live Set 05: G-Grand
Intimate and elegant. An amazingly rich piano sound.
Live Set 13: It's About You
Layers of acoustic guitar, strings and bells. Create beautiful musical ideas.
Live Set 14: 1st Call Brass
Smokin' hot brass.
Live Set 16: Jazz Trio
The perfect piano, bass and drums trio, and you only need two hands.
Live Set 20: Landyn's Blend
A must-have for any R&B ballad.
Live Set 41: Mega-G Synth
An in-your-face power synth.
Live Set 46: African Dream
A variety of African mallets and bells.
ARX-01 Kit Examples
A quick sample of some of the most popular ARX-01 drum kits.
ARX-02 Quick Demo
A quick sample of ARX-02 Patches.
ARX-03 Demo Song
"Closer" - Written and performed by Scott Tibbs using the ARX-03 SuperNATURAL Brass Expansion Board.
ARX-03 Quick Demo
A quick sample of ARX-03 Patches.
FG Connects Live Overview
Designed with contemporary dance, pop and hip-hop musicians in mind, the new FG Connects Live update adds hundreds of unique tempo-synced phrases to create instant motion and texture to any sound.
Geared Up: Lady Gaga
Kern Brantley and Brockett Parsons talk about using Roland synths on the Lady Gaga tour.
- Keyboard Section
- 76 keys, with velocity and channel aftertouch
- Sound Generator Section
- Maximum Polyphony
- 128 voices, shared with the sampling section
- 16 parts (Internal) + 16 parts (External) + 2 parts (ARX) + 24 parts (Audio Track)
- Wave Memory
- 256MB (16-bit linear equivalent)
- Preset Memory
- Patches: 1,664 + 256 (GM2)
Rhythm Sets: 64 + 9 (GM2)
Live Sets: 512
Studio Sets: 128
- User Memory (per one project)
- Patches: 512
Rhythm Sets: 64
Live Sets: 512
Studio Sets: 128
- Patch Multi-effects (PFX): max. 16 units (76 types)
Multi-effects (MFX): max. 2 units (78 types)
Chorus: 1 unit (3 types)
Reverb: 1 unit (10 types)
Input effects: 1 unit (6 types)
Mastering effects: 1 unit (3-band compressor)
- Sampling Section
- Data Format
- 16-bit linear, .WAV or .AIFF
- Sampling Frequency
- Maximum Sampling Time
- approx. 360 sec, mono/180 sec, stereo (when sampling memory isn't expanded/32 MB)
approx. 108 min, mono/54 min, stereo (fully expanded with DIMM/544 MB)
- Number of Samples
- 2,000 (per one project)
- Sequencer Section
- MIDI tracks (Internal/External/ARX): max. 128
Audio tracks: max. 24
Tempo track: 1
Beat track: 1
- 480 TPQN
- 5.00 to 300.00
- 50 (per one project)
- 2,000 (per one project)
- Notes Capacity
- approx. 1,000,000 notes (per one project)
- Song Length
- 9,998 measures
- Recording Method
- Realtime recording, Step recording
- Arpeggio Sets
- RPS Sets
- Rhythm Pattern Sets
- Chord Memory
- Chord Memory Sets
- Graphic Type, 8.5", Wide VGA (800 x 480 dots), backlit LCD (Colour)
- 16 pads, Velocity and Polyphonic Aftertouch sensitive
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever, Control Knob x 4, Control Slider x 8, Assignable Switch x 2, D Beam Controller
- Mic/Guitar Input Jacks: 1/4 inch phone type/XLR type (Phantom power) (Hi-Z) Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type, A (MIX) Output Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4 inch TRS phone type: B Output Jacks (L, R): 1/4 inch phone type: Input Jacks (L/MONO/MIC, R): 1/4 inch phone type, Pedal Jacks: Hold Pedal Jack (Half Pedal recognition), MIDI Connectors: IN, OUT, THRU, USB Connectors: USB Computer Connector (supports file transfer or mass storage class, and Audio/MIDI), Digital Audio Interface: COAXIAL INPUT/OUTPUT, AC Inlet
- Expansion Slots
- ARX expansion boards: 2 slots
DIMM: 1 slot, supports PC133, CL=2/3, 3.3 V, 128MB, 256MB, 512MB
- External Storage Device
- USB Flash Memory
- Power Supply
- AC 117 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60 Hz), AC 220 V (60 Hz)
- Power Consumption
- 30 W
- Owner's Manual, CD-ROM (Editor, USB Audio/MIDI driver), Power Cord
- Expansion Board: ARX Series, Keyboard Stand: KS-V7, KS-18Z, Pedal Switch: DP series, Foot Switch: BOSS FS-5U, Expression Pedal: EV-5, USB Memory: M-UF1G
- Size and Weight
- 1,278 mm
- 50-3/8 inches
- 411 mm
- 16-3/16 inches
- 142 mm
- 5-5/8 inches
- 16.6 kg
- 36 lbs. 10 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Fantom-G DVD Manual
Fantom-G DVD Owner's Manual
SuperNATURAL® Drums Exp. Board
Superior drum sounds with control of shell depth, muffling, compression, EQ, reverb and more.
SuperNATURAL® Electric Piano Exp. Board
Stunning electric piano sounds and ultra-realistic amp modeling with dynamic control.
SuperNATURAL® Brass Exp. Board
Essential brass instruments and ensembles including trumpets, flugelhorns, trombones, saxophones, and more.
USB Flash Memory
A high-quality 1GB USB memory key for use with Roland USB-compatible products such as the DP-990, KR-107, V-Synth GT, SonicCell and more.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.