- Self-contained 10-track digital recording studio with stereo Master Track and 80 Virtual Tracks
- 20GB hard drive for massive song and project storage
- Built-in CD-RW drive (BR-1180CD), or optional upgrade (user-installable) for BR-1180
- Easy icon-based interface simplifies recording, bouncing and mixing
- New XLR Mic inputs w/phantom power, plus Hi-Z input and Line inputs
- Onboard COSM® effects including 2 loop processors, 1 insert processor and Mastering Tool Kit
- Separate Rhythm Track with realistic drum sounds and patterns
- Import/export .wav files directly for loading drum loops, etc.
- FREE Discrete Drums CD with professionally recorded drum loops (BR-1180CD model)
Massive 80-Track Recording
The BR-1180 provides ten primary tracks for recording and playback. This includes a new stereo Master Track which can be used for easier mixdowns and bouncing. Since each of these primary tracks contains eight Virtual Tracks, there are a total of 80 recording tracks available. And with a 20GB internal hard drive, you’ll have plenty of recording time, whether you choose one of the BR-1180’s space-saving recording modes or the new linear recording option.
Feel the Burn with a CD-RW Drive
If you want to burn CDs, simply choose the BR-1180CD with a CD-RW drive built-in. But even if you buy the standard BR-1180 model, you can easily upgrade it to a BR-1180CD later by purchasing an optional CD-RW kit. This internal drive can be user-installed in minutes. Now you can burn audio CDs and back up the internal hard drive at blazing speeds.
Onboard COSM Effects and Mastering Tools
With the BR-1180, there’s no need for noisy external effects. Whether recording a microphone, guitar or keyboard, you’ll find exactly what you need. The BR-1180 is so smart, it even selects the effect type (Insert or Loop) based on the input you’re recording. You get everything from reverb and delay to killer COSM Guitar Amp Modeling, plus a Mastering Tool Kit for sweetening up the final mix.
Built-In Rhythm Track and More
If you’re looking for drums, tap into the BR-1180’s new Rhythm Track: It’s got sampled drum sounds and plenty of Preset patterns for creating drum tracks without using recording tracks. You can even import new patterns via Standard MIDI Files or load loops in .WAV format for playback. Other handy features include a Phrase Trainer for slowing down guitar licks, a built-in chromatic tuner and two XLR Microphone inputs with phantom power.
- Track: 10 V-Track: 80 (8 V-Tracks per each Track)
(Up to 2 tracks can be recorded simultaneously, and up to 10 tracks can be played back simultaneously.)
- Maximum Useful Capacity/Recording Time
- Internal Hard Disk: 20 Gbytes
(Data type: Recording time)
LIN: 60 hours
MT1: 120 hours
MT2: 160 hours
LV1: 190 hours
LV2: 240 hours
(conversion in 1 track, times approximate)*1*2
- Signal Processing
- AD Conversion: [24 bit AF Method*3 (Guitar/Bass)], [24 bit AF-AD (Mic)], [24 bit (Line)], [24 bit (Simul)]
DA Conversion: 24 bit
Internal Processing: 24 bit (digital mixer section)
Recording Data: 16 bit linear (data type: LIN)
- Sample Rate
- 44.1 kHz
- Frequency Response
- 20Hz to 20kHz (+1/-3dB)
- Total Distortion
- 0.15 % or less (INPUT SENS: CENTER, 1 kHz at nominal output level, data type: LIN)
- Nominal Input Level (Variable)
- GUITAR/BASS jack: -10 dBu, MIC 1, 2 jack: -40 dBu, LINE jack: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance
- GUITAR/BASS jack: 1M ohms
MIC 1, 2 jack (TRS): 2.2 k ohms (HOT-COLD), 1.1 k ohms (HOT-GND, COLD-GND)
MIC 1, 2 jack (XLR): 2.2 k ohms (HOT-COLD), 1.1 k ohms (HOT-GND, COLD-GND)
LINE IN jack: 50 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- LINE OUT jack: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- LINE OUT jack: 2 k ohms, PHONES jack: 100 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- LINE OUT jack: 20 k ohms or greater, PHONES jack: 8 to 50 ohms
- Residual Noise Level
- LINE OUT jack: -87 dBu or less
(INPUT SELECT: GUITAR/BASS, input terminated with 1 k ohms, INPUT SENS: CENTER, IHF-A, typ.)
- Mixer Effects: [Loop Effects: Chorus/Delay/Doubling, Reverb], [EQ (Two-band equalizer. Independent for each track.)]
Insert Effects: 17 algorithms
Speaker Modeling (Reference model are the Roland DS-90/90A and DS-50A)
- Rhythm/Loop Phrase
- Resolution: 96 TPQN
Rhythm Patterns: [Preset: 50, User*: 999, Song*: 999 (* User-programmable and SMF-importable)], Rhythm Arranges: [Preset: 50, User*: 10, Song*: 10 *User-programmable]
Loop Phrases: [User: 400 (50 x 8 banks), Song: 50] (.WAV/AIFF-importable)
- 64 x 40mm (Backlit LCD)
- Power Supply
- DC 12 V; Supply AC Adaptor (Roland PSB-3U)
- Power Consumption
- AC Adaptor: PSB-3U
Effect Patch List/Rhythm Pattern List
DISCRETE DRUMS (CD-ROM; BR-1180CD only)
- Expression Pedal (EV-5)
Foot Switch (FS-5U)
Pedal Switch (DP-2)
- Size and Weight
- 460 mm
- 18-1/8 inches
- 273 mm
- 10-3/4 inches
- 87 mm
- 3-7/16 inches
- 3.5 kg
- 7 lbs. 12 oz.
- * 0dBu = 0.775V rms *1 The recording times shown are approximate. Times may vary depending on the number of songs and the size of imported loop phrases. *2 Recording times shown are the total for all tracks used. Therefore, if each of the ten tracks contain an equal amount of data, the length of the resulting song will be approximately 1/10 of the time shown.*3 AF Method (Adaptive Focus method): This is a proprietary method from Roland that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of the A/D and D/A converters.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Momentary footswitch for use with keyboards and recording products.
Durable metal footswitch available in latching and unlatching types.
Durable pedal for controlling a wide range of effects parameters.
The DR-10 Dynamic Microphone represents the state-of-the art in microphone technology.
The DR-20 presents musicians and sound engineers with a professional-quality, affordable alternative in dynamic microphones.
Low-impedance volume pedal for keyboards or for connection after effects units.
Tank-tough diecast pedals designed to meet the needs of the most demanding players.
AC Power Adaptor
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.