- 61-note performance keyboard with realtime SMF manipulation—a world’s first!
- 72 preset “Covers” permit on-the-fly editing of tone, velocity, reverb and chorus for each SMF track
- High-quality Vocal Harmonizer with 4 distinct effects, 3 programmable Harmony modes and separate audio output
- Revolutionary Singer Key Adapter automatically transposes SMFs to suit the range of any singer
- Next Song Reserve function automatically loads next song and begins playback after current song
- Song Chord Extractor displays chords used in SMFs
- Handy Song Finder for easy classification, storage and retrieval of large song archives (64MB SmartMedia card included)
- Imports lyrics via .TXT files; Video output displays lyrics and chords
- D-Beam controller with ready-to-use presets
While today’s arranger keyboards are powerful, performing musicians are increasingly using Standard MIDI Files (SMFs) as background music. Some prefer to create their own sequences, while others use commercially available disks. Either way, there has never been an easy way to manage and load large numbers of MIDI files—or manipulate them live. And with the growing popularity of karaoke, musicians need an instrument with lyric display capabilities. That instrument simply didn’t exist, until the DisCover 5…
Realtime SMF Arranging
The DisCover 5 is the first keyboard to benefit from new Roland technology that allows for realtime manipulation of Standard MIDI Files. These “Song Makeup Tools,” as they are called, permit the changing of a track’s tone, velocity, reverb and chorus—plus other controllers contained in the song—via front-panel buttons. These parameters can be altered at once via the icon-based touchscreen simply by choosing among the 72 preset “Covers” (30 “Covers” for all instruments, 18 for drums, and 24 for bass).
Unique Vocal Effects
The onboard Vocal Harmonizer uses four modes—Talk, Voice-FX, Auto Pitch Correct, and Singer—to control the sound of your voice and create effects. Revolutionary technology makes it possible to add realtime harmonies separately from the vocal effects using any SMF, even without a harmony track. A separate audio output lets you run your voice through its own mixer channel, while a world’s first Singer Key Adapter function automatically sets the musical key of any SMF to best suit your range. Lyrics and chords can be displayed on an external monitor for karaoke or for use in churches.
Easy Song Management
The only thing worse than losing a song file during a performance is waiting for it to load. Fortunately, DisCover 5 makes both of these issues a thing of the past. Using the Song Finder, you can classify songs by genre, author and title—making it easy to locate files even if they’re buried in a large song archive. And thanks to SmartMedia, DisCover 5 can load songs instantly or even automatically with the Next Song Reserve function. DisCover 5 will literally change your performance!
- 61-key (Touch Sensitive)
- Sound Generator
- Max. polyphony: 64-voice
- Drum Kits
- 44 incl. Oriental Drum Set
- Multitimbral parts
- Reverb 8 types, Chorus 8 types, M-FX 47 types
- Voice Effects
- Noise Gate, Compressor, 9 Reverb types, 9 Delay types, programmable
- Harmony Effects
- 9 Reverb types, 9 Delay types, 9 Chorus types, programmable
- Mark/Jump, 4 programmable locations
- User Programs
- Data Strage
- SmartMedia, FDD 3.5 inches (2HD/2DD)
- Display type and controls, 1/4 VGA Touch Screen LCD with Backlight
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, Output (L/mono, Right), Hold Footswitch, Footswitch, Foot Pedal, Phones, Harmony Microphone Input, Harmony Output: Separate L/R or Main Output mixed, Video Output: Composite, Independent Lyrics transmission
- Power Supply
- AC 117/230/240 V
- Size and Weight
- 1,184 mm
- 46-5/8 inches
- 371 mm
- 14-5/8 inches
- 127 mm
- 5 inches
- 12.5 kg
- 27 lbs. 9 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Momentary footswitch for use with keyboards and recording products.
A high-quality damper pedal with expressive half-pedal capabilities.
Durable metal footswitch available in latching and unlatching types.
Durable pedal for controlling a wide range of effects parameters.
Low-impedance volume pedal for keyboards or for connection after effects units.
Tank-tough diecast pedals designed to meet the needs of the most demanding players.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.