- Affordable performance keyboard with preset backing
- Simple operation
- Pro-quality sounds
- Friendly features for live performance
Whether you love or loathe technology, you’ll find the GW-7 to be simple, straightforward, and inviting to use. No extensive knowledge of synthesis or sequencing is required to use this intuitive instrument. It’s the perfect first-time workstation for standard pop, jazz, and world-music styles, but its sound quality and styles are rich and expressive enough to attract professionals as well.
The GW-7 comes equipped with a wide variety of pre-programmed Styles, which can be customized. In all, there are 101 Styles onboard, with 99 User memory locations. Choose from a trio of band types: Drum & Bass, Combo, and Full Band. You can also create your own compositions from scratch with the internal 16-track sequencer. 99 song locations are provided for storing your compositions and arrangements.
Connect the GW-7 to a computer with one simple USB cable, and transfer data back and forth quickly and easily. Keep your GW-7 well stocked with fresh songs and Styles by loading new Styles and Standard MIDI Files. Save your compositions and arrangements via USB.
Expressive Performance Features
The GW-7 is made to be played. And not just on its keyboard, this workstation offers an invisible, front-panel D Beam (wave your hands over the beam to color your sound), plus a pitch-bend/modulation lever, and a pair of control knobs. Performers will appreciate the GW-7’s large backlit LCD, especially on dark stages and dimly lit studio environments.
World Music Bonus
Ethnic instruments are plentiful in the GW-7. Many instruments have been newly sampled, and boast exceptional sound quality. Call up these expressive sounds and arrangements — programmed by top musicians — and instantly spice up your music!
- 61 keys (with velocity)
- Sound Generator
- Maximum Polyphony
- 64 voices
- 16 parts + Keyboard part
- Wave Memory
- 32 M bytes (16-bit linear equivalent)
- Preset Memory
- Tones: 606 + 256 (GM2), Drum Sets: 51 + 9 (GM2), Performances: 110
- User Memory
- Tones: 128, Drum Sets: 16,Performances: 32
- Multi-FX: 47 types, Reverb: 8 types, Chorus: 8 types
- -12 to +12
- Backing Track
- 20 to 250
- 16-track Recorder Mode
- 4 easy modes (ALL, Keyboard, Single, Punch In/Out)
- Preset Memory
- 110 Styles
- User Memory
- 99 Styles, 99 Songs
- Band Type
- 3 levels: Drum
- USB (Data transfer)
- Operating System
- Windows: Windows 2000/Me/XP, Macintosh: Mac OS 9.0.4 or later, Mac OS X 10.0 or later
- D Beam Controller: 1, Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever: 1, Control Knobs: 2
- Large backlit custom LCD
- Output Jacks (L/MONO, R), Headphones Jack, MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT), Hold Pedal Jack, Control Pedal Jack, USB Connector
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V (AC Adaptor), Current Draw 1,000 mA
- 1,045 (W) x 320 (D) x 86 (H) mm, 41-3/16 (W) x 12-5/8 (D) x 3-7/16 (H) inches
- 5.0 kg / 11 lbs 1 oz (excluding AC adaptor)
- Owner's Manual, AC Adaptor (ACI Series or PSB-1U)
- Pedal Switch: DP-Series, Foot Switch: BOSS FS-5U, Expression Pedal: EV-5
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Momentary footswitch for use with keyboards and recording products.
A high-quality damper pedal with expressive half-pedal capabilities.
This well-built, real-feel pedal comes with a non-slip rubber plate — essential when performing on hardwood or slip-prone surfaces — and an extended cable (2.2m) for stacked multi-keyboard setups.
Durable pedal for controlling a wide range of effects parameters.
For keyboardists who have been awaiting an innovation in keyboard-stand design, the wait is over.
Secondary Tier for V-Stand™
Expand your Roland V-Stand with this solid, custom-made add-on tier.
Attractive, easy to transport, and sturdy enough to hold even the heaviest 88-key keyboard securely.
Lightweight, foldable headphones for a variety of applications.
Professional studio headphones with exceptional low frequency response.
Comfortable and accurate headphones for superior monitoring.
Offer the clarity, sonic accuracy, and comfort needed for mixing and silent practice.
Roland’s top-of-the-line headphones.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.