The FR-2 V-Accordion offers the incredible digital advantages of Roland’s Physical Behaviour Modelling technology, providing true tone and characteristics of the world’s best accordions, but they are significantly lighter than previous models. Perfect for students, stage keyboard players, and travelling musicians.
- Piano-type keyboard
- PBM (Physical Behaviour Modelling) enables the true tone and expressive characteristics of the world’s finest accordions
- Additional sounds onboard, including organ and strings
- Eight user programs for instant storage and recall of your favourite settings
- Lightweight for young students and travelling performers
- Pad function for triggering percussion sounds and rhythms
- Song function for “minus one” play-along fun
- Battery powered for convenience and portability
At almost half the weight of the flagship V-Accordion, the FR-2 is portable and comfortable. Whether you’re a student or a professional musician, at home or on stage, your shoulders and back will love this instrument!
Powered by eight standard AA batteries (sold separately), the FR-2 will set you free in any situation. Roland recommends rechargeable AA batteries to keep you powered and recharged show after show.
The FR-2 has five pads for adding percussive excitement to your performance. Use them as drum pads or to trigger rhythms via Loop Playback Mode. There’s also a Song function for “minus one” play-along fun. The FR-2 contains eight user programs for instant storage and recall of your favourite settings.
The connection options of the FR-2 allow you to perform in any situation. A headphone output is provided for private practice. The Line output lets you plug into amplifiers and mixers onstage or in the studio. MIDI output allows you to play external keyboards and other MIDI-compatible instruments from your V-Accordion.
Adjustable Bellows Pressure
The improved Bellows Resistance Regulator on the FR-2 V-Accordion allows you to fine-tune the bellows pressure according to your strength, ability, and personal style — another FR-2 advantage for comfort and playability.
Choose your look with the six included decorative sheets, or personalise the FR-2 with your name or a picture of your band. Unleash your artistic potential.
Protect your FR-2 on the road with the attractive BAG-FR-3, a custom-made gig bag for V-Accordions. And don’t forget to bring along Roland’s CM-30 amp or CUBE Street for clean, clear amplification. It’s the perfect FR-2 performance partner.
Roland’s CM-30 CUBE Monitor is an ideal choice to amplify the FR-2. It’s light, small, and affordable, but don't be fooled: The CM-30 can sing loud and proud. And, for those who like to take their show on the road, the battery-powered Roland CUBE Street Amplifier is the ultimate portable solution.
- Keyboard & Bellows
- Right hand
- 34-piano type keys. velocity sensitive (starting at a G key)
- Left Hand
- 96 bass buttons with velocity
- Real pneumatic detection of bellows pressure (high-resolution pressure sensor), Bellows Resistance Regulator
- Sound Source
- Sound Generator
- Max polyphony: 128 voices
- 8 Accordion Sets, each one including: 10 Treble registers, 5 Bass registers,5 Orchestral Bass registers, 5 Orchestral Chord registers, 6 Orchestral sounds
- Treble reed footages
- Bass reed footages
- Chord reed footages
- PBM (Physical Behaviour Modelling)
- Stopping-reed growl, Closing valve noise, Left button noise
- Individual reed simulation
- Hysteresis threshold, Expression curve, Pressure variant filter, Pressure variant pitch deviation
- Switching reed sound wave
- by bellows acceleration, by note repetition speed
- Musette Tuning
- Micro tuning presets
- 15: Off, Dry, Classic, F-Folk, American L/H, North Europe, German L/H, D-Folk L/H, Alpine, Italian L/H, French, Scottish
- 8 types
- 8 types
- Panel Controls
- Knob controls
- Volume/ Power; Registers: 5 x Treble, 3 x Orchestra, Set, 5 x Bass; Buttons: Orch. Bass, Orch. chord, Left Register, Pad/Default, Rec/Loop, Song/Demo, User Prog/Dec, Metronome/Inc.
- Operation Modes
- 2 Bs Rows, 3 Bs Rows A-7th, 3 Bs Rows A-5dim3 Bs Rows B-7th, 3 Bs Rows B-5dim, 3 Bs Rows Bx
- Down, 0, Up for Treble and Orchestra
- 8 drum/percussion sets, phrase recording function
- 8 preset songs with selectable mute function for left- or right-hand part
- Power Supply
- External AC adapter or optional batteries
- Power Consumption
- 500 mA
- Battery (optional)
- Ni-MH 2500mAh approx. 5 hours. This varies depending on the actual conditions of use
- Onboard connectors
- Headphones Jack (Stereo), Output Jack: L/Mono(Treble), R/Mono(Bass), MIDI connector: OUT/IN (adjustable via MIDI parameter)
- Supplied accessories
- External AC adapter, Owner’s manual, Straps, Battery holder (pre-installed in compartment), replaceable Sheets:6
- Optional accessories
- Gigbag (BAG-FR-3), CM-30 Cube Monitor, CUBE STREET Battery Powered Stereo Amplifier, SA-300 Stage Amplifier
- Size and Weight ( Size & Weight )
- 472 mm
- 18-9/16 inches
- 244 mm
- 9-5/8 inches
- 426 mm
- 16-3/4 inches
- 7.5 kg
- 16 lbs. 9 oz.
- Weight (without straps or optional batteries)
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Gig Bag for FR-3 Series Accordions
Padded carry bag for the FR-3 series accordions.
AC Power Adaptor
Lightweight, foldable headphones for a variety of applications.
Open Air Headphones
Professional studio headphones with open air design.
Professional studio headphones with exceptional low frequency response.
Comfortable and accurate headphones for superior monitoring.
Offer the clarity, sonic accuracy, and comfort needed for mixing and silent practice.
Roland’s top-of-the-line headphones.
Lightweight, Powerful, Portable PA
The versatile SA-300 is built to handle any type of audio source you plug into it: microphones, rhythm machines, keyboards, CD players, etc.
A super-lightweight and portable stage amp customised for use with organs and digital pianos.
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.