It’s time to escape the keyboard rig and rock the stage. The stylish AX-Synth represents Roland’s new generation of remote keyboards, but for the first time, this one has a sound generator onboard. It’s self-contained and equipped with powerful, solo-oriented sounds from Roland’s latest, greatest synths. Strap on an AX and steal the show.
- Built-in sound engine with voices from Roland’s latest synthesizers
- Ribbon controller, D Beam, modulation bar, knobs, and easy-to-see display for stage
- USB MIDI for easy connection to PC
- Dedicated V-LINK button for video/visual control
- Innovative bender mode for expressive solos
- Long battery operation (approx. 6 hours)
All In One
Plug in and play — what could be more convenient? The AX-Synth has everything you need to steal the show. Unlike most remote synths of yesteryear, the AX-Synth is self-contained and loaded with hundreds of Roland’s greatest sounds. External MIDI devices are not required. Everything is built-in and ready to rock.
The AX-Synth is packed with cool controllers for expressive live performance. Glide your fingers over the Ribbon Controller for ultra-smooth pitch bends. A Modulation Bar and dedicated control knobs are also provided for real-time sound shaping. Wave your hand over the invisible D Beam for attention-getting effects.
While the AX-Synth is completely self-contained, it’s also capable of driving external instruments via MIDI. Plug into a MIDI device, and enjoy an unlimited world of sounds and textures, all controllable from the AX-Synth.
The AX-Synth has a vault of great solo sounds onboard, but if you want to customize your sounds, you can download the dedicated PC software editor/librarian application. The AX-Synth’s USB/MIDI connector makes communication to and from your computer fast and convenient.
Audio & Video
- 49 Keys (with velocity)
- Sound Generator
- Maximum Polyphony
- 128 voices
- 256 Tones + 8 Special Tones (including SuperNATURAL)
- D-Beam, Ribbon Touch, Modulation Bar, Volume Knob Controller, Aftertouch Knob Controller, Portamento On/Off, Hold button On/Off, Bender Mode: Normal/Catch+Last
- Output Jacks: 2 x 1/4' inch phone type (L/MONO, R), Headphones (Stereo 1/4' inch phone type), Foot Pedal, USB connector (USB MIDI), MIDI connector (IN/OUT), AC Adaptor
- 8 x Ni-MH rechargeable Batteries
- (3 x 7) segment LED
- Owner's Manual, Shoulder strap, AC Adaptor (PSB-1U)
- Size and Weight ( excluding batteries )
- 1,142 mm
- 45 inches
- 266 mm
- 10-1/2 inches
- 87 mm
- 3-7/16 inches
- 3.9 kg
- 8 lbs. 10 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
AC Power Adaptor
Soft-shell carrying case specially designed for the E-09, Prelude, and GW-8.
Stand for AX-Synth
Folding metal stand custom designed for Roland’s uniquely shaped AX-Synth.
Momentary footswitch for use with keyboards and recording products.
This well-built, real-feel pedal comes with a non-slip rubber plate — essential when performing on hardwood or slip-prone surfaces — and an extended cable (2.2m) for stacked multi-keyboard setups.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.