The Roland VG Stratocaster is now available in a limited-edition candy apple red finish. Made in Fender’s factory in Corona, California, the G-5A is a 100-percent authentic American Standard Stratocaster, with a 22-fret maple neck. It’s also powered by Roland’s COSM technology so it can sound like a number of other guitars – and you can even switch guitars and tunings instantly, so you don’t need to bring five different guitars to each gig.
From Baritone Humbuckers to DADGAD Telecasters - instantly
No more grasping for a different guitar in the middle of your set. The G-5A lets you instantly change your tone, with fingertip access to a collection of coveted vintage guitars, plus a selection of COSM-powered “ideal performance” pickups for a unique, modern edge. Finally, alternate tunings and 12-string sounds are instantly available for any modelled guitar tone, all with a simple twist of a knob!
- Authentic American Standard Stratocaster infused with COSM technology
- Modelled guitars, plus unique pickup tones including the extended-range “Bright Humbucker” and a full, bold “Wide Range” single coil
- Instantly accessible alternate tunings and 12-string sounds for all COSM guitar tones
- Familiar and simple to use: it’s a Fender Stratocaster
- Beautiful candy apple red finish
- 22-fret maple neck
*The G-5A VG Stratocaster is a limited-edition model available at authorized V-Guitar Station dealers.
All your favourite guitars in one
Powered by Roland’s COSM technology, the VG Stratocaster guitar gives you a collection of world-class tones to play, all in the same instrument. Choose from 25 pickup and instrument tones, plus alternate tunings and 12-string sounds. Take a single guitar to the gig and change tones effortlessly, instead of having to switch out instruments every time you need a different sound or tuning.
Change your guitar instantly
Using the five-way pickup selector and Mode knob, you can play a wide range of modelled guitars, including vintage Strat, Telecaster®, fat humbuckers, and even an archtop jazz box. You also get unique, modern pickup sounds available only with COSM, including “Wide Range” single-coil variations and two “Bright Humbucker” options. Both steel and nylon-string acoustic tones are available, plus a retro electric sitar sound. Of course, you can always select the classic Strat pickups as well and just use the G-5A as a conventional American Strat!
Change your tuning in under a second
Along with the great COSM guitars, the VG Stratocaster lets you change your tuning without touching the tuning keys! A quick twist of the tuning knob selects Drop D, DADGAD, Baritone, or Open G tunings. Also available via the tuning knob are 12-string tones, which can be applied to any COSM guitar sound.
Audio & Video
- Color variation type
- Body Color: Candy Apple Red Neck: 1-piece Maple neck
- Common specifications
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm) Backshape: Modern "C" shape Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm) Number of Frets: 22 Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Single Coil type x 3 Divided type x 1
- 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Vintage Style Bent Steel Saddles
- MODE knob (5types) N: Normal (non-modeling mode) S: Modeled Stratocaster T: Modeled Telecaster H: Modeled Humbucking Pickups A: Modeled Acoustic guitar TUNING knob (6types) N: Normal tuning D: Drop D G: Open G d: D Modal B: Baritone 12: 12 String guitar TONE Control knob VOLUME knob 5-Way switch
- Power indicator
- Nominal Output Level
- -20 dBu
- Output Impedance
- 2 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- 20 k ohms or greater
- Guitar jack (1/4" phone type)
- Power Supply
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4 Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
- Current Draw
- 230 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery: 6 hours Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: 9 hours * These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- G-5A VG Stratocaster® Owner's Manual OWNER'S MANUAL FOR FENDER® GUITARS Tremolo arm Hexagonal wrench Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4 Hard shell case Strap Cable Polishing cloth
- Size and Weight
- 3.8 kg
8 lbs. 7 oz.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.