In the JUNO tradition of great sound, compact design, easy operation, and affordable price, the new JUNO-Gi delivers big. What propels this power-synth into another realm, however, is its supercharged feature set with over 1,300 fresh sounds, an onboard eight-track digital recorder, and pro effects created by BOSS. Write, record, mix, master, and perform anywhere with the new JUNO-Gi.
- Over 1,300 high-quality sounds optimised for live performance
- Intuitive user interface, including dedicated Tone Category buttons and large display
- 128-voice polyphony
- Full-featured eight-track digital recorder onboard with Guitar/Mic/Line inputs
- Plug in a guitar and play/record with built-in pro guitar effects derived from BOSS’ GT series
- High-capacity SDHC card slot for data storage and direct play
- Full computer integration via MIDI Controller mode and built-in audio/MIDI interface
- Lightweight, compact body with battery-power compatibility
- Complete mobility when used with a battery-powered PA or amp such as Roland’s BA-330 or KC-110
- Included Cakewalk Production Plus Pack makes the JUNO-Gi a complete DAW package for your PC
Compare this instrument to other Roland synthesizers with our Synth Comparison Chart (PDF)
New Sound Bank
A new sound library has been created for the JUNO-Gi, with over 1,300 factory selections that cover a universe of instrument types and musical styles. Tone Category buttons help you scan the vast library and locate the perfect sound with ease and speed. New to the JUNO-Gi are Live Sets, which comprise up to four layered tones each — create your own unique sounds by stacking and/or splitting tones and saving them together as a Live Set. Furthermore, a Special Live Set section takes maximum advantage of the JUNO-Gi sound engine for the most advanced synth sounds.
Performance and Portability
The JUNO-Gi has been designed with the performer in mind. It provides supreme mobility thanks to its lightweight body and battery-power compatibility (up to three hours of continuous operation with eight NiMH AA batteries), letting you experience the freedom of performance in any environment. Roland’s battery-powered amps such as the BA-330 and KC-110 are perfect companions for the JUNO-Gi during street performances. Performers will also appreciate the JUNO-Gi’s friendly front panel, which is covered with hands-on controls, clearly marked and easy to reach. The enlarged 240x64 graphic LCD provides clear visibility and fast navigation, even on outdoor gigs with troublesome sun glare.
Digital Recording & FX
Pro recording onboard! The JUNO-Gi’s built-in eight-track digital recorder with 64 virtual tracks provides a full-featured multitrack studio environment, complete with dedicated transport controls and mix faders. The recording media is a removable SD or SDHC card, with up to 192 hours of recording time possible when using a single 32GB SDHC card! Also supported is full import and export of track data with a computer. The same pro performance effects found in the BOSS GT series are built into the JUNO-Gi, as well as effects designed for vocal processing. Connect a guitar or microphone directly and apply these top-quality effects for instant CD-quality sound as you record.
USB MIDI & Audio
The JUNO-Gi’s multifunction USB port offers both audio and MIDI functionality — a one-cable connection to your computer is all you need to stream audio and MIDI back and forth and interface with your favorite music software. When you combine the JUNO-Gi with the bundled Cakewalk Sonar LE 8.5 software, you have a complete digital audio workstation package for your PC. In addition, the MIDI Controller Mode lets you operate the JUNO-Gi as a MIDI master keyboard for controlling your DAW or external MIDI devices.
Audio & Video
JUNO-Gi 88KeyGrand1 #001
This beautiful sound is so rich with amazing clarity. Throughout the entire key-range, each note has the musicality and unique character just like an acoustic grand piano.
JUNO-Gi Vintage EP #052
The punch and dynamic range make this one of the most playable EPs ever. The depth and tone color are absolutely perfect.
JUNO-Gi Rock Organ 1 #124
The depth and power of this sound is definitely rockin'. The overdrive effect adds the grit needed to make this your favorite organ sound.
JUNO-Gi Phaser Clav 1 #183
This clav is just simply funky. The attack and decay of each note is perfect. The chorus is also a nice touch.
JUNO-Gi Nylon Gtr 2 #287
Clarity and definition are a must for realistic guitar sounds. This acoustic guitar sound delivers each note beautifully.
JUNO-Gi Clean Gtr 1 #303
The quality of this clean electric guitar captures every nuance and playable riff imaginable. This sound is perfect for playing funky licks or straight jazz chords and lead lines.
JUNO-Gi Searing COSM #325
You won't be able to tell this distorted electric guitar sound from the real thing. The distortion effect and the programmed feedback that fades in when you sustain a note allows you to create the most convincing leads.
JUNO-Gi Fingered Bs1 #368
You'll use this great bass sound for practically every track. It's so playable and detailed that any keyboard player can sound like they've been playing the bass for years.
JUNO-Gi MG Bass 1 #384
Synth basses are a must in today's music. The ability to change the character of the filter makes this sound so flexible and interesting.
JUNO-Gi Slow Strings #491
The ability to capture the subtleties of a slow string sound is difficult. However, this string sound executes this without hesitation. The richness and warmth of this string sound are truly inspirational.
JUNO-Gi Dirty Fifth #777
Great for biting leads and soloing. This sound has nice delay and reverb settings that add to its expressiveness.
JUNO-Gi SynBrass sfz #804
This vintage brass sound duplicates all of the characteristics and musical color of the best synths ever. Perfect for stabs and swells.
JUNO-Gi Standard Kit #1256
Each drum and cymbal are dynamic and very expressive. Perfect for any acoustic drum kit needs.
JUNO-Gi Analog Kit #1278
This analog kit is a must for any electronic track. The ultra-cool TR-808 and TR-909 always enhance the vibe of any R&B or electronic music.
Wretch 32 - Don't Go
Wretch 32 performing the smash hit 'Don't Go' live on Roland Sessions. Recorded and filmed at the Red Bull Studio London. Shot and edited by Dougie Mackie.
Introducing the JUNO-Gi Mobile Synthesizer with Digital Recorder.
Mirror Machines Interview
Jeremy and Chad of Shiny Toy Guns talk to Roland about using the JUNO-Gi on their new project, Mirror Machines.
Mystery Jets Performance
Mystery Jets perform with the CUBE-XL amp line and JUNO-Gi synthesizer exclusively for Roland CONNECT 2010.
JUNO-Gi SP-404SX Blue Devils
Blue Devils “A Corp” keyboardist Zach Mullis shows us how the JUNO-Gi and SP-404SX are essential tools for backing the front ensemble of the 15-time world champion drum and bugle corp.
- 61 keys (with velocity)
- Sound Generator Section
- Maximum Polyphony
- 128 voices
- Live Set (4 layers) + 16 parts
- Wave Memory
- 128 MB (16-bit linear equivalent)
- Preset Memory
- Live Set: 1,379
Tone: 788 + 256 (GM2)
Rhythm Set: 14 + 9 (GM2)
- User Memory
- Live Set: 256
- Multi-Effects: 2 systems, 79 types
Chorus: 3 types
Reverb: 5 types
- Digital Recorder Section
- Track: 8
V-Track: 64 (8 V-Tracks per each Track)
* Up to 2 tracks can be recorded simultaneously, and up to 8 tracks can be played back simultaneously.
- Maximum Number of Songs
- Memory Capacity
- SD memory card: supports SDHC cards to a maximum of 32 GB
- Sample Rate
- 44.1 kHz
- Recording Time (conversion in one track)
- Card Capacity Recording Times
1 GB Approx. 6 hours
2 GB Approx. 12 hours
4 GB Approx. 24 hours
8 GB Approx. 48 hours
16 GB Approx. 96 hours
32 GB Approx. 192 hours
- The maximum recording time (storage used) for one song is approximately 12 hours (2 GB).
- The above recording times are approximate.
- The above recording times are for when only one track is used.
For example, if you record using all eight tracks, the available time for each track will be one eighth of the time listed.
- Since the 2 GB SD card included with the JUNO-Gi contains a demo song, the available recording time will be shorter than listed above.
* With the Track Export function, a maximum of approximately 6 hours and 40 minutes worth of monaural data (approximately 3 hours and 20 minutes worth of stereo data) can be output.
- Nominal Input Level
- LINE INPUT jacks: -10 dBu
GUITAR/MIC INPUT jack:
GUITAR: -20 dBu
MIC: -40 dBu
- Insert Effects: 3 banks (Guitar, Mic, Line)
Mastering Tool Kit
- USB Memory Song Player Section
- File Format
- Audio File: WAV, AIFF, MP3
Standard MIDI File: format-0/1
- Number of Songs
- 99 Songs
- External Memory
- USB MEMORY (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Flash Memory: Sold Separately)
- Rhythm Pattern
- Preset: 371
Song (Digital Recorder): 99
- Preset: 128
- Chord Memory
- Preset: 17
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
D Beam Controller
Sound Modify Knob x 6
- 240 x 64 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- External Memory
- SD/SDHC Card
- OUTPUT Jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4 inch phone type)
PHONES Jack (stereo 1/4 inch phone type)
SONG/CLICK OUT Jack (stereo 1/4 inch phone type)
LINE INPUT Jacks (L, R) (1/4 inch phone type)
GUITAR/MIC INPUT Jack:
MIC: 1/4 inch phone type or XLR type (phantom power), GUITAR: 1/4 inch phone type (Hi-Z)
CONTROL PEDAL Jack
HOLD PEDAL Jack
MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT)
USB COMPUTER Connectors (USB Hi-Speed Audio/MIDI)
(Use a USB cable and a computer with a USB connector that support USB 2.0 Hi-Speed.)
DC IN Jack
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V
(AC Adaptor or Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery (AA, HR6; sold separately) x 8)
* Carbon-zinc batteries or alkaline batteries cannot be used.
- Current Draw
- 750 mA
- Battery Life for Continuous Use
- Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries (AA, HR6): Approximately 3 hours (approximately 2 hours if USB memory is connected) (This figure will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
- Owner's Manual
CD-ROM (USB Driver)
DVD-ROM (Cakewalk PPP)
SD Card (2 GB, installed in the JUNO-Gi when shipped from the factory)
SD Card Protector (installed in the JUNO-Gi when shipped from the factory)
USB Memory Protector
- Keyboard Stand: KS-18Z (Use a stand that causes the height of the unit to be one meter or lower.)
Pedal Switch: DP Series
Expression Pedal: EV-5
* Use USB memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- Size and Weight
- 1,008 mm
- 300 mm
- 105 mm
- 5.7 kg
12 lbs. 10 oz.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
AC Power Adaptor
Momentary footswitch for use with keyboards and recording products.
This well-built, real-feel pedal comes with a non-slip rubber plate — essential when performing on hardwood or slip-prone surfaces — and an extended cable (2.2m) for stacked multi-keyboard setups.
Durable pedal for controlling a wide range of effects parameters.
USB Flash Memory
A high-quality 1GB USB memory key for use with Roland USB-compatible products such as the DP-990, KR-107, V-Synth GT, SonicCell and more.
Custom-made gig bag for 61-key Roland keyboards.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.