- Easy one-touch operation
- Six types of high-quality vocal effects inherited from the VE-20 (Reverb, Delay, Double/Harmony, Dynamics, Pitch Correct, Tone/SFX)
- Phrase Looper adds impact to real-time vocal performances, including harmonising and layered beatboxing
- Favourite Sound function provides immediate access to preferred sounds
- Ideal for live performance as well as tabletop setups (mic-stand mount included)
- Internal microphone for instant gratification
- Aux input for blending external music
- Battery operation for street performance (AC adapter sold separately)
Simple and Intuitive Operation
From beginners to professionals, all singers can enjoy great results with the VE-5. Even technophobes or non-musicians will embrace this creative processor thanks to its simple, intuitive operation. The handy Favourite Sound function, for example, lets you instantly access your preferred sounds with a press of button.
The VE-5 is perfect for live performers; the included mount lets you attach it to any standard microphone stand. Some of the VE-5’s functions can even be controlled by footswitches, which is great for hands-free operation. When powered by batteries, the VE-5 becomes an ideal tool for street performance. The VE-5 also fits beautifully in homes and studios as a tabletop processor.
Great Presets and High-Quality Effects
The VE-5 has six types of high-quality effects and various special effects inherited from the VE-20. Dunk your vocal in smooth reverb or delay for broadening and deepening, or even out the level with the Dynamics function. Thicken your voice with the Double/Harmoniser and correct intonation problems with Pitch Correct. Get experimental with a robot voice, popular in electro-pop music, or use the onboard Distortion, Radio, and Strobe for unique and impactful special effects. You can even create iconic pitch-correct effects — a staple of many hip-hop and pop hits.
Built-In Phrase Looper
Layer and loop your voice with the VE-5’s built-in Phrase Looper. You can generate harmonies with yourself in real time, or jam over your own looped beatboxing. This creative feature greatly expands the potential of real-time vocal performance.
Audio & Video
Take a guided tour of the VE-5 Vocal Processor.
Take One: Judith Hill
Take One Episode 1: Judith Hill gives a private performance of her new single “A Beautiful Life.”
Judith Hill Interview
We sit down and visit with solo artist Judith Hill as she shares stories on her life, her music, and her future.
- Nominal Input Level
- MIC IN: -40 dBu (MicSens = 40) AUX IN: TBD
- Input Impedance
- MIC IN: 4 k ohms AUX IN: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- XLR OUT: -40 dBu PHONES/LINE: TBD
- Output Impedance
- XLR OUT: 600 ohms PHONES/LINE: 66 ohms
- Sound: 50
- Effect Types
- DYNAMICS, PITCH CORRECT, TONE/SFX, DOUBLE/HARMONY, DELAY, REVERB
- Phrase Loop
- 38 sec. (Mono only)
- 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- MIC IN jack/XLR type (balanced, phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA Max), 1/4 inch TRS phone type (balanced) AUX IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type) XLR OUT jack (XLR type) PHONES/LINE jack (Stereo miniature phone type) CTL 1, 2 Jack (1/4" TRS phone type) DC IN Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery (AA, HR6) or Alkaline (AA, LR6) x 4, AC Adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery (AA, HR6): TBD Alkaline (AA, LR6) : TBD * These figures will vary depending on the specifications of the batteries and the actual conditions of use. * Using phantom power will increase the power consumption, drastically shortening the battery life. Please use an AC adaptor when using phantom power.
- Owner’s Manual Leaflet (USING THE UNIT SAFELY, IMPORTANT NOTES, and Information) Mic Stand Holder (Screw x 2, Washer x 2, Spring Washer x 2) Audio Cable (Stereo Miniature Phone Type, Cable Tie Attached) Alkaline Battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- Options (sold separately)
- AC Adaptor (PSA series) Footswitch (FS-5U, FS-6)
- 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.