With 88 pro-quality weighted keys, the A-88 sets a new standard for streamlined, portable MIDI controllers. Its Ivory Feel-G weighted keyboard — a trusted asset found on high-end Roland workstations and digital pianos — brings a new level of grand piano luxury to the portable MIDI controller market. But even with its premium keyboard, the A-88 remains slim, compact, and easy to transport. For players looking for great weighted-keyboard action in a portable package, the A-88 is the best MIDI controller available.
- Premium 88-key Ivory Feel-G keyboard
- Lightweight and compact design
- Easy to use
- Two knobs, two switches, and D-BEAM controller
- Dual and Split keyboard functions
- USB bus powered (also supports AC power)
- Bundled with Cakewalk SONAR LE software
Ivory Feel-G Keyboard
Featuring Roland’s acclaimed Progressive Hammer Action design with Escapement, the A-88’s Ivory Feel-G keyboard provides the functions, appearance, and texture of keyboards found on our flagship pianos. It’s equipped with advanced sensor technology, and the white keys feature a comfortable, moisture-absorbent surface that feels like real ivory.
For Music Production
The A-88 is the perfect MIDI keyboard to get the most out of your software-based pianos, soft synths, and sound modules. It provides clean connections via its recessed rear panel so you can place a computer monitor or laptop in the perfect position for creating music. USB bus-powered operation allows for a clean, simple setup, while the two knobs, two switches, and D-BEAM controller are all easily accessible and intelligently arranged to make your workflow fast and fluid. Other settings can be accessed via the Function button, which lets you use the keys to perform additional tasks printed above the keyboard.
For Live Performance
If you’re looking for grand piano action without the weight and bulk, look no further than the A-88. The elegant Ivory Feel-G keyboard plays like a true grand, with superb action and natural resistance-gradation from the low to high keys. For quick control over your external instruments, the A-88’s dedicated Dual and Split buttons let you instantly access layers and zones. You can also map the A-88’s controllers automatically to SuperNATURAL instruments such as the INTEGRA-7 sound module or JUPITER-80 and -50 synthesizers.
Turn your iPad into a Pro Musical Instrument
As iPad music apps continue to evolve and improve, you’ll want a pro-quality keyboard to play them. Connect the A-88 to your iPad* and play your favourite music apps that support Core MIDI.
* The A-88 can be connected to the iPad via Apple’s Camera Connection Kit.
Audio & Video
- 88 keys (Ivory Feel-G keyboard with Escapement)
- Buttons: S1, S2 (Assignable) Knobs: C1, C2 (Assignable) Foot Pedals: DAMPER, FC1, FC2 Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever D-BEAM Controller
- [Function] button [SuperNATURAL] button [Octave +/-] buttons [Transpose] button [DUAL/SPLIT] button [UPPER] button [LOWER] button
- [POWER] Switch [POWER SOURCE] Switch
- Power Indicator LED Octave Indicator LED
- DAMPER Pedal jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type FC1, FC2 Pedal jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type MIDI OUT connector USB COMPUTER port (USB Type B) DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor Supplied from the computer via USB COMPUTER port
- Owner's Manual Damper Pedal (capable of continuous detection) AC Adaptor, Power Cord (for AC Adaptor) A Series Keyboard CD-ROM USB Cable SONAR LE DVD-ROM (Windows) SONAR LE installation guide (Windows)
- Options (sold separately)
- Keyboard Stand (KS-18Z, KS-12) Pedal Unit (RPU-3) Damper Pedal (DP-10) Pedal Switch (DP-2) Expression Pedal (EV-5, EV-7)
- Size and Weight
- 1443 mm
- 273 mm
- 116 mm
- 15.9 kg
35 lbs. 1 oz.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.