- PCM sound engine with 54 sounds onboard
- External dual-trigger input for adding an optional kick and cymbal pad
- Variety of metronome sounds and patterns (samba, jazz, etc.)
- Convenient one-piece design
- Large LCD screen
- Patented mesh head technology for a great acoustic feel
- Advanced Rhythm Coach exercises, featuring Stroke Balance and Time Check
- Mix input for playing along with CD players or other audio devices
One of the key features that sets the RMP-5 apart from other rhythm trainers is its built-in sound engine. Now you can practice in style by selecting from the dozens of onboard PCM instruments inside the RMP-5. In addition to the acoustic sound of your sticks on the mesh pad (like on the RMP-3), the RMP-5 lets you trigger a variety of high-quality, internal snare drum samples, hi-hats, ride cymbals, and percussion instruments. You can also choose from a menu of metronome sounds, including a standard click, human-voice count, rhythmic patterns, and more.
Advanced Rhythm Coach
As a free-standing practice pad and electronic drum, the RMP-5 is a pleasure to play, but when it comes to improving your abilities as a drummer, it’s the onboard Rhythm Coach that really makes this instrument shine. When activated, the Rhythm Coach challenges drummers in a fun and friendly way with functions such as Time Check, Auto Up/Down, and Stroke Balance to help develop consistent stick technique. As an added bonus, the Time Check and Stroke Balance exercises can be used simultaneously for a dual-power workout. The Rhythm Coach can even grade your performance, so you can chart your progress.
Drum Kit Expansion
The RMP-5 provides a dual-trigger input that can be used to connect Roland’s KD-8 kick pad and CY-8 cymbal pad (optional). All together, these three components form the nucleus of a small electronic drum kit. Now you can train not only your hands, but your feet as well. The RMP-5 provides the sounds for each pad, so you can play complete grooves either solo, along with the Rhythm Coach, or with external audio (such as CD players) connected to the RMP-5’s Mix In (external audio input).
- Pad Size
- 8 inches
- Pad Sounds
- 54 types
- Click Sounds
- 15 types
- Rhythm Types
- 24 types
- 22 types
- 24 types
- Rhythm Coach Functions
- TIME CHECK (8 variations)
ACCURACY SCORE (4 variations)
QUIET COUNT (6 variations)
AUTO UP/DOWN (6 variations)
RHYTHMIC NOTES (3 variations)
STROKE BALANCE (2 variations)
- PHONES/OUTPUT Jack: 1 (Stereo miniature phone type)
AC Adaptor Jack
MIX IN Jack: 1 (Miniature phone type)
EXT TRIG IN Jack: 1 (Dual)
* Using the PCS-31L, you can connect two pads. In that case, the rim shot, edge shot, and choking features are unavailable.
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V: Dry Battery 6LR61/1604A (9 V) type (alkaline), AC Adaptor
- Current Draw
- 80 mA
* Expected battery life under continuous use:
Carbon: 1 hour
Alkaline: 4 hours
These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Screw for mounting on stands
- Dry Battery 6LR61/1604A (9 V) type (alkaline)
- AC Adaptor: BOSS PSA series
Pad Stand: PDS-2
Pad Cable: PCS-31L
Pads (PD-8, PD-85BK/WT, PD-105BK/WT, PD-125BK/WT)
Cymbals (CY-5, CY-8, CY-12R/C, CY-14C, CY-15R)
Kick Triggers (KD-8, KD-7, KD-85BK/WT, KD-120BK/WT)
Drum Triggers (RT-10T, RT-10S, RT-10K)
- Size and Weight
- 263 mm
- 10-3/8 inches
- 348 mm
- 13-3/4 inches
- 78 mm
- 3-1/8 inches
- 1.3 kg
- 2 lbs. 14 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Kick Trigger Unit
A compact kick trigger unit for use with KDB-7 Kick Beater.
Kick Trigger Pad
New kick trigger for use with V-Tour TD-6S V-Drums kit.
Dual-Trigger Cymbal Pad
Featuring a 12-inch playing zone and swing movement for more drummer-friendly triggering.
Dual-Trigger Cymbal Pad
A crash cymbal with swinging motion.
Practice in comfort with this pad stand for the RMP-3/-5 Rhythm Coach.
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.