The RMP-12 Rhythm Coach brings an exciting new dimension of portable sound and expression. Suited for all drumming applications, the RMP-12 is the world’s first electronic marching percussion instrument to incorporate Roland’s patented multi-layer mesh head technology, allowing drummers to practice longer with less stress and fatigue.
Tailored to the educational percussion field, the RMP-12 offers enhanced playability, expressiveness, and versatility for practice and performance applications.
- 12-inch mesh pad with rim triggering
- Newly-designed module with a variety of sounds
- A reliable Live Mode to focus on your marching performance
- Built-in Rhythm Coach for skill building
- Lightweight and portable with battery power
- Mix input and audio output for personal and professional use
- Headphone output for quiet practice
- Easily attaches to standard marching carriers (via optional OP-RMP12) and snare stands
The RMP-12’s patented mesh head provides low acoustic noise, high durability and unsurpassed comfort. Head tension can be adjusted via drum key, just like an acoustic drum, for the perfect stick response. The head is also replaceable, like an acoustic drum.
World of Sound
The RMP-12 offers high-quality marching snares, toms, bass drums, cymbals, and other drums and percussion instruments. It also contains a variety of Latin percussion, as well as electronic sounds. The four memory buttons let you store your favourite sounds and call them up instantly during your performance.
Rhythm Coach Onboard
The Rhythm Coach helps you build speed, stamina and accuracy. Even if you’re not in Rhythm Coach mode, you can practice with the Time Check whenever you start the metronome. The Time Check Score, which grades accuracy, is one of the menus in the Rhythm Coach. Other effective exercises include Auto Up/Down, which gradually speeds up and slows down the metronome, and the DynaMeter, which shows your stroke dynamics on the screen.
Perfect for extended use, the RMP-12 is lightweight and battery-powered. It can be attached to standard marching-drum carriers for wireless transmission, allowing you to freely move around during your performance. For practice, mount the RMP-12 to a concert-snare stand and use the Roland CUBE Street monitor, or simply connect headphones for quiet practice.
Audio & Video
Performance Examples (Part 1)
Watch as Johnny Rabb, Louie Cavallaro, and Lance Delgado show off the amazing capabilities of the RMP-12.
Performance Examples (Part 2)
Part two in the series.
Performance Examples (Part 3)
Part three in the series.
Blue Devils “Backstage Pass”
Behind-the-scenes footage and exclusive interviews with the creative forces behind the most dominant drum and bugle corps in history—the Blue Devils.
- Head Size
- 12 inches
- 2 (Head, Rim)
- Sound Generator
- Instrument Parameters
- Instrument Parameters
- Tuning, Volume
- Memory Bank
- 20 to 300
- 0 to 13
- Rhythm Types
- 5 types
- Click Sounds
- 7 types
- Timer Function
Time Check Function
- Rhythm Coach Functions
- Time Check Score
- Custom LCD
- Phones Jack (Stereo miniature phone type), Mix In Jack (Stereo miniature phone type), Output Jack (1/4 inch phone type), Trigger Input Jack* (1/4 inch TRS phone type), AC Adaptor Jack
* With connected to pad
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V
Dry battery LR6 (AA) type (alkaline) x 6 or AC Adaptor (PSB-1U: optional)
- Current Draw
- 220 mA
* Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: 8 hours
(vary depending on the actual conditions of use)
- Owner's Manual, Dry battery LR6 (AA) type (alkaline) x 6, Drum Key, Cable Tie, Instruction DVD
- AC Adaptor: PSB-1U
Mesh Replacement Head: MH-12
Marching Carrier Attachment: OP-RMP12
- Size and Weight
- 348 mm
- 13-3/4 inches
- 416 mm
- 16-7/16 inches
- 194 mm
- 7-11/16 inches
- 3.7 kg
- 8 lbs. 3 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.